POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Garfield's Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem : Re: Garfield's Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garfield's Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 2 Feb 2006 08:45:00
Message: <web.43e20bb2d2cab98a8c7259570@news.povray.org>
Thibaut Jonckheere <tua### [at] yahoofr> wrote:

> I have a vague remembrance from an article I read some time ago, that
> this guy was also able to write with one hand in latin, and at the same
> time with the other hand in greek...

Yes, I recall that also, and found a mention of it here:

http://www.mind-course.com/ambi.html

> The animation is nice, but I find it goes and moves a bit too quickly to
> allow to really understand the proof at first view.

Thanks, and I agree it's too fast.  Adding frames to slow it down makes it
huge.  I'm wondering if there's a more efficient compression method that
doesn't fuzz up the image too much.  I like to keep the size large (640 x
480), but it's already a bit of a waste of space at 6 megs....